Because this blog is new, I figured it might be nice to tell you a little bit about myself, so I wrote up 15 things that you (probably) don’t know about me. Here’s a little bit about the girl behind the blog…
- Summer is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it– the warm weather, the BBQs, the pool, the beach, the cute sundresses, and the laid-back attitude. Even though I’ve really been trying to enjoy all that fall has to offer these last few years (hello Pumpkin Spice Lattes), it still is no summer in my book. I’m very glad that it stays nice and warm in DC through October– I’ll take as much summer as I can get!
2. Growing up, my favorite Disney movie was Beauty and the Beast. I have always loved that Belle is smart and curious, that she loved reading, and that she wanted to explore the world beyond her little village. When people say that little girls shouldn’t like Princesses, I always think that if they actually watched these movies they would see that so many of the princesses they belittle are kind, adventurous, determined, and brave role models. And more and more we’re seeing princesses with sass and personality and spunk. So when I hear people suggesting that little girls in pink princess dresses can’t also be brave and smart and adventurous, I get pretty mad.
Actually, I feel like this dress actually is a bit Belle-inspired! It’s from Shein and It’s only $21. I’m always skeptical of new online-only clothing stores, and I like to be able to try things on in person, but let me tell you– Shein is the real deal.
3. I love Real Housewives and I’m not afraid to say it! I watch most of them, but my favorites are Beverly Hills, the OC, Atlanta, and, most recently, New York. Of course I’ve had to watch some of Potomac since it’s in my neck of the woods– I even saw them filming about a month ago at Teddy and the Bully Bar in DC- but it’s not one of the better ones, unfortunately. I love how ridiculous it all is, watching the relationships unfold between the women, and getting a chance to peak into the lifestyles of the truly rich and famous in the case of Beverly Hills. It is just so peaceful for me at the end of the day to relax and watch some ladies fighting at a fancy dress-up party on Bravo. If you have not experienced that joy, I urge you to become familiar with Vicki Gunvalson. You will not regret it.
4. I love anything apple cinnamon. That’s why fall desserts and treats are some of my favorites. Apple pies, apple crumbles, apple cider donuts, churros, etc. I will take them all over chocolate any day.
5. I started this blog because I have loved reading them for years and years, and working at a law firm made me crave a creative outlet at the end of the day. I’ve always loved clothes and getting dressed up, and I find myself turning to blogs all the time for recommendations about restaurants, skin care products, travel tips, etc. I thought it would be fun to participate myself. I held off for awhile because I was so busy with school and I also kept wondering it would be too “silly” of me to start a blog. But I kept thinking about starting one, and finally just realized, if it’s fun and its something that I enjoy, it’s not silly! So I decided to stop worrying about what other people would think and just do it because it’s something I enjoy. And it’s been great!
6. In the last year I’ve become a serious coffee drinker. I never really drank coffee before during college or law school, but being in the office all day just makes me crave a caffeine pick-me-up. It makes the start of my day so much happier and more productive, so I’ve just given in to my newfound addiction!
7. I played tennis all through high school. It’s my favorite sport and I love to play whenever I can.8. I really love the city of Boston, but I hate the winter. The problem with Boston is that the winter just lasts, and lasts, and lasts. It can still be downright cold in May or June. That’s too much for me to handle! Summer lasts well into September, and then fall is gorgeous, but the rest of the year is too much. Those pilgrims were tougher than me!9. I was an English major in college and love reading. Law school and my work as a lawyer have cut drastically into my pleasure reading, but I’m trying to get back to reading a little bit before bed each night.
10. I love dogs. I had a black lab growing up and as soon as I have more space (and time) I am dying to get another dog. I see other people my age with dogs and I’m just like, how are you able to find time to care for another creature? Like I can barely do my own laundry and cook myself dinner and clean and keep up on all those other life tasks, how could I possibly fit a dog into all of that? But hopefully the more I get settled into things, the more ready I’ll be to take on that extra (adorable) responsibility. 11. I love salty foods. French fries and tortilla chips at a restaurant are two of my vices. Too much sugar gives me a headache, but I’ve never felt sick from having too many french fries 🙂 In fact, if I had to choose one food to eat forever, it might be french fries (with ketchup– that is a necessity!!).12. I love Pure Barre. I’ve been doing the classes for over a year now, and I have noticed such a difference in my body. For the first time ever I have definition in my abs and my arms have gotten so much stronger! The first class I went to was torture… actually the first few classes were torture. But I have come to crave them, and I feel so much better after doing a class. It’s such a good mental break from everything and I just wish I could go more often!13. I love interior design. In an alternate world I would love to be an interior designer. I love looking at design blogs and Pinterest and dreaming up what I would do in a house someday. My only problem with design blogs and house tours is that I’m always wondering where everyone’s stuff is! Where are all your random knick-knacks?! I guess I need to be more of a minimalist! 14. I really love Mexican food (see my love of salty foods, above). And also margaritas. 15. I’m pretty tall, almost 5′ 10”, so rarely wear big heels. I’ve finally started branching out a bit and getting some new heels and wedges. I figure if Taylor Swift can wear crazy high heels, I can handle an extra 3- inches ha!Hope that you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me! Tell me a little about yourself in the comments–I’d love to learn more about all of you, too!
And if you like this look, I’ve linked a few similar styles below.