TGIF! It’s Friday- time to celebrate making it through another week!
I wore this look to work last week and then out to dinner at City Center afterwards. We went to Fig and Olive, and remembered how much I like that place. On weeknights it’s a super happening place, since so many offices are nearby and people wander over straight from work. There was even a DJ in the bar area! Definitely recommend! I linked some similar and identical pieces to what I’m wearing below (unfortunately I don’t see the exact skirt from Zara online any more-it was the Zara Basics brand and I got it on sale this summer for like $10!- but they do have some other cute pleated skirts, like this checked one!)
Here are 5 things that are on my mind this week….
- Naked Woman on the National Mall: Now, this might sound like a strange police report (or something much more salacious….), but it’s actually a piece of art from the Burning Man Festival that some people are trying to get permission to put up on the National Mall for four months. It’s a sculpture of a naked woman that is several stories high. The article from the Washington Post points out how few statutes and memorials in America are of women (apparently, the only female statues in Central Park are literary figures…). The author would prefer she had her clothes on (she says women can be powerful in clothes, too- which I totally agree with) but I kind of love how radical and aggressive it is nude. Plus, female nudes have a storied history in art history, so I view this as kind of take on that tradition. I doubt this will happen, but it’s a cool idea nonetheless.
- Monopoly Man: This week there were hearings on Capitol Hill about Eqiufax, the credit reporting firm that had the major data breach. Normally, this would be super boring and no one would pay attention. BUT NOT THIS TIME! Someone showed up dressed as the monopoly man and sat right behind the CEO when he was testifying so the monopoly man is in the background of all the shots! My favorites are when he’s just casually creeping with his monocle in the background. I don’t know why but this was so funny to me, I’m giggling about it just thinking about it. Yay for civic activism!
- West Elm Sale: Everything at West Elm is 20% off right now! I’m getting really into succulents and plants, and I just bought these fake monstera leaves from West Elm to place in a gold vase that has just been sitting empty. It makes the whole room look more chic!
- Ibiza: My post on Ibiza this week has me daydreaming about being back in the Spanish islands! I’m dying for some tapas- I might have to hit up Jaleo or Boqueria in DC soon!
- It’s been so hard staying positive after hearing about the horrible events in Las Vegas. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone impacted. I’m also taking action to ensure this can’t happen again. You can write to your Representative and Senators super easily by using this link and urge them to pass stronger gun control laws.
Leave a Reply