I decided to start a new little feature on the blog, called the Friday Five. It will just be a little link-up of things that have made me think, smile, or are just on my mind. So without further ado, here’s my first Friday Five!
- San Francisco– I’m going to spend the weekend in SF, and I’m so excited to get away for a few days. But really I’m most excited to get to see Michael, who’s working out there for a few months. Restaurant recs always welcome!!
- Gossip Girl’s 10 Year Anniversary– Vanity Fair has a great piece looking back on Gossip Girl, and discussing the major role it played in pop culture. They make a great point that it really was the last classic teen drama before Instagram and Twitter and Netflix. I remember everyone gathering together the first few weeks at Brown to watch it together- it really was must-see tv! (Also how has it been 10 years since the premiere?!)
- Look What You Made Me Do: You guys I’m still trying to figure out what I think of New Taylor (I liked Old Taylor!). But I cannot stop listening to and watching this video. Also loving all the pieces pointing out the hidden messages, like this one.
- J. Crew’s New Arrivals– I am living for their new fall collection, and I’m so happy to see ruffles and off-the-shoulder tops continuing into fall!
- Hurricane Harvey– It’s been heartbreaking to see all the images coming out of Houston this week. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there. The New York Times has a great list of organizations you can donate to here. You can also just text HARVEY to the Red Cross at 90999 to donate $10.
Plus, here are a few pretty pieces I’ve got my eye on this week!
Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!
Leave a Reply